Monday, December 26, 2011

The most wonderful day of the year!

Christmas day + 1

Ok so I didn’t post yesterday. I meant to, but. . . honestly it was a very busy day. We got up around 7am and rushed round and got ready for church. It was nice to be back with our FBC OKC family. Per the usual tradition they served breakfast instead of Sunday school followed by a nice service.

My personal preference for church would have been for the family to sit together but Kat wanted to sit with her parents and the boys really wanted to sit in the balcony with their friends, so I went with the boys. Paul’s buddy Aaron wasn’t there so I sat with him. It was maybe the best part of Christmas morning for me. I love to hear my Paul sing, and he loves to sing Christmas songs. The first song was “Oh Come All Ye Faithful” which he sang enthusiastically. The last song which we sang as the benediction was “Go Tell It on the Mountain” which is Paul’s all time favorite Christmas song. When Bruce started playing the music, Paul let me know that it was the same arrangement from when Paul’s Children’s choir sang it years ago. Paul said Bruce probably got that from Mr. Hicks, who played it for them when he was small.

Yes there was a hearty lunch and delicious dinner at home, and presents for the boys. But sometimes the best part of Christmas are the parts that might never come again.

Merry Christmas to all of you! I hope you had a happy holiday and were entertained this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...