Sunday, December 4, 2011

"I'm getting nothing FOUR Christmas. . ."

Day 4

Today is Denver’s “Red Ball” in honor of World AIDS Day. The “Red Ball” is a big event with a fire and ice fashion show. Because At The Beach, the company I work for, is one of the official sponsors of this fundraising events, Kat and I will be there. It is not the biggest event we have attended for work this year, but it is a big deal.

In preparation for this event, Kat went and bought a new outfit. It took several shopping trips, and there was the whole question about how red her outfit should be, what was ‘red ribbon red’” anyway? Kat was not the only one with wardrobe questions however. As this event is not a black tie event, I don’t need to wear a tuxedo. I do have a suit to wear, but of course it’s not red. Texas Jay suggested I opt for a red tie and red vest with a black shirt. That is festive right?
I went to the formal wear store and let me tell you, renting a red vest and tie sounds easier than it is. Again with the whole, ‘what color red is best?’ Also, I really liked the red and black paisley vest, but can I get away with a patterned vest and a black and white pinstripe shirt? Sure mixing patterns is hot right now, but can I get away with it? Several text messages back and forth to Texas Jay and I managed to pick a vest.

Yesterday Matthew and I went to pick it up. I have been struggling with a concern that when I wear this vest that it won’t say hip and trendy, it will say fat man in a red and white suit. I tried the vest on at the store and was thinking that it looked good, and that I was definitely headed in the ‘hip and trendy’ direction.

When I walked out of the dressing room, Matthew looked up and said “Hey Santa!”

This is my own personal wardrobe malfunction!

1 comment:

  1. no, you can't be Santa, cause then I'd be Mrs Santa, and everyone knows she just makes cookies and candies and stuff...oh wait...crap.

    ReplyDelete

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...