Saturday, December 24, 2011

I heard the bells on Twenty-Four

Christmas surprise.

This year we managed to pull off a big Christmas surprise. Our first Christmas in Denver we travelled back to Oklahoma City to surprise Kathleen’s parents. It was difficult for Kathleen and the boys to keep it a secret from her parents. We had help from Kat’s other sister Ann, and Kristy Swinney. Erica Snook and Amy Powell also did a good job of keeping quiet about the fact that we had Katie and Kyle stay with us in Denver for a few more days so we could bring them home to OKC with us. The drive wasn’t bad. The roads were pretty clear, although I hear NM is in pretty bad shape. My Dad is stuck in Santa Fe when he planned to be in California for Christmas.

The closer we got to OKC the more excited the boys got. When we were about an hour away my Mother-in-law texted Kat that she was going to bed. We panicked a little, and then we began stalling her. We texted that Kat was trying to post her nightly Christmas merriment status update on facebook and that she, Elisa, should wait to read it. Then we posted that Kat was having internet trouble. Which is not untrue, we don’t have wifi in the car.

When we pulled in the driveway Matthew called his Gramma and asked her to come downstairs and let him in. Surprise accomplished. Kat’s parents were surprised, but I am not sure who was more excited, the boys or their grandparents. Last night as Nolen was trying to go to bed, Paul said, “wait I have some things to tell you I will probably forget. . . “ It wasn’t important what Paul had to share, but what was important is the huge smile on my Paul’s face, and the dimples that he gets when he can’t stop smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...