Monday, December 20, 2010

Wiskers on Kittens. . .

My favorite things

If you know me you have heard me say “you’re my favorite”

Apparently I say it often, and to a large number of people.

I have been known to say it to my nieces. And, umm . . . sometimes they hear me say to the other nieces. Or I post it on facebook and it incites something.

I tell the boys, “Matthew don’t tell Paul, but you are my favorite”, then I get up and go to sit next to Paul and say, “Now Paul, don’t tell Matthew but you really are my favorite”. Then they both laugh and yell that they can both hear me saying that.

I always deny that I have said it. “No, no, no, I said he was fragrant, but you, YOU are my favorite.” Some might say I am too easy with the whole favorite thing, or that I am misappropriating language to mean something other than what it does.

But when I say it I am sincere. Really.

Saturday night at the Christmas Party I got called on it, big time. About 20 of my closest friends and family all showed up wearing shirts that had my picture on them and on the back they said “Judson’s favorite” or some variation of that theme. Kat’s shirt said #1 Favorite in rhinestones. The boy’s shirts said “One of his favorite things”. Other shirts said “no, REALLY, I am his favorite”, “Uncle Judson’s favorite”, “Don’t tell the others, but I’m his favorite”, “Judson said I was his favorite”, “You might think you’re his favorite, but really I am.” “Favorite M.I.L” and “favorite F.I.L” Heather went all out and her shirt said “Judson’s favorite” on the front and had miniature Christmas lights. Her friend Shannon had planned to wear a shirt that said “Judson doesn’t know it yet, but I am his favorite”. Najah was going to wear a shirt, but instead made the statement that people who are insecure feel the need to broadcast the nature of their relationship, but she is confident in the knowledge that she really is my favorite, so no t-shirt was necessary.

I am a little embarrassed by the whole thing. I am going to blame the eggnog, or the cranberry punch, and surely the fact that this was the last party we will have in OKC had nothing to do with anything I felt that could be mistaken for a real emotion.

Currently I am in the market for a new compliment to give out. “You are adorable” is one option. “You’re feet do not stink” is another. I will let you know what I decide. Until then, you are my favorite. Really.

4 comments:

  1. lol @ fragrant. you're my favorite. :) rb

    ReplyDelete
  2. and, you will always be my favorite. and your feet don't stink. much. most of the time anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!
    How long have you been blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) This was day 20, and I did 25 days last year so 45 days of blogging? Or over a year if you want to count from my first post. I only do it in December thought.

    ReplyDelete

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...