Monday, December 5, 2011

Angels we have heard on FIVE

Winter wonderland.

As you may know this is my family’s first Christmas in Denver. It is most certainly going to be a white Christmas, we have already had several inches this week. When we are warm inside our home and it is snowy outside it sure is pretty and Christmassy. When I have to get in the car and drive around in it, then it is slightly less Christmas like.

My boys are also learning about living somewhere that does not shut down entirely when there is snow on the ground. “Snowpocolypse” is probably not an event that we will hear about in Colorado. The first time it snowed and the boys had to go to school anyway, they were in shock!

They are recovering nicely though. The other morning we had 4 or 5 inches of snow before we woke up. After breakfast the boys were going outside to shovel the sidewalk and driveway. My Matthew was on sidewalk duty. I watched him for a while and gave him some instruction to get him started. Then I went back inside to hurry my Paul along so he could do his share. When we got back outside I discovered that not only had Matthew finished our sidewalk, he had gone ahead and done our neighbors sidewalks too, on both sides. I asked if he was trying to be a good neighbor, but he answered that it was just easer to keep going.

My Paul was disappointed he didn’t get a chance to do the sidewalk!

How did I get such good kids?

1 comment:

  1. I still think we need one of those snow blower thingies that all the neighbors have...I'm sure they cost less than a car. Or maybe they don't. They are pretty fancy. Never saw one of those in Oklahoma...

    ReplyDelete

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...