Saturday, December 3, 2011

I saw THREE ships come sailing in. . .

Day 3

I have said before that my Matthew loves Christmas music. I mean Really, REALLY LOVES Christmas music. He swears that the best sleep he gets is this time of year, when he puts on Christmas music at bedtime and dreams the night away.

However, that does not mean he doesn’t have standards! The other day, several days BEFORE Thanksgiving, Matthew and I were driving in the car and listening to the radio. Mariah Carey’s “All I want for Christmas is you” came on the radio. (Please note I was NOT listening to the Christmas music only channel, this was the regular channel I swear). In any case, Matthew was incredulous. “Really Papa? Christmas Music? BEFORE Thanksgiving?! That’s ridiculous?!”

I asked him what he meant, and he gave me the look that said clearly I was an idiot. “Papa, it is before Thanksgiving, as in BEEEE FOUR!” I reminded him that he likes to listen to Christmas music. “Well yeah, AFTER Thanksgiving!” I pressed him further and reminded him that the night after Halloween he was asking for Christmas music at bedtime.

“PAPA! You are not supposed to talk about that! That is not for listening! That is just for sleeping! And sugarplums, not like listening!”

Clearly, I am 'slow to learn' these things!

1 comment:

  1. I find it difficult to sleep to certain Christmas music--especially the kind the Muppets sing. That kind just makes me want to sing along. When I sing along, everyone wakes up and starts singing along, and then, well, then no one is sleeping. What good is that?

    ReplyDelete

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...