Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thirteen in Killarney!

Have you seen the movie “Buddy The Elf”? I am not a big Will Ferrell fan, but this is an amusing film. One of the best lines in the film is "SANTA!!!!! Oh my god! I know him! I know him!” Every time I hear this line quoted it reminds me of a very earnest 5 or 6 year old Elisa Gail.

I have told the story before that when my niece Elisa Gail was a baby, Stephanie and Clyde made a decision that they would not ‘do Santa’ with her. They were honest with her at a very young age and told her there was no Santa, and that her presents came from her parents and her family.

The only problem with this plan is that Clyde’s mother Dorothy told Elisa that Santa was real, and then made sure that there were tons of presents from Santa every year at her house. This led to some very heated conversations with a small determined child.

“No Uncle Judson, SANTA is real! My Granny knows him! She knows him! He works at the Wal-Mart with her! He is REAL!”

Hard to argue with that logic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...