Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Fourteen Navidad!

I may have mentioned that Kat and I have a Christmas party? Every year? Well it is true. In 2000 I pulled all our photos from past parties into one album and started keeping a separate album just of party pics.

It is fun to look through them and see how much everyone has changed. How my boys have grown, What a good looking man baby Scott turned out to be, how my nieces Elisa Gail, Rachel, and Julia, and family friends like Najah, Kourtney, Lexi and Thalia have all grown into such beautiful young women.

Tonight, I was looking through last year’s pictures, getting ready to put the pages in the album and it really struck me how amazing our friends are. It moved me is that so many people showed up. Some people in the pictures are those who came year after year. Some guests came for the first time last year, I suspect because we said it was the last party every.

The pictures that really stood out the most, that will forever be burned in my memory, are those taken by my friend and co-worker in the church nursery Sandy Ferree. I can only assume that it was too much egg nog or something else that led to the down the shirt, headless, cleavage shot. On second thought it must have been champagne. Because the companion shot to the aforementioned picture is one where a champagne flute was wedged into place and suspended hands free in that same cleavage.

It is like Kathleen always says, when a champagne cork pops, another angel gets wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...