Saturday, December 1, 2018

Day 1. 2018


Happy December 1! Welcome back to Judson’s 25 Days of Christmas, my blog where I share a memory or story about Christmas each day for the next twenty-five days for no real reason other than it entertains me to do so.  This is my 10th year of blogging if I do my math correctly. So , Go me I guess!

Before I really get into things I do have some general housekeeping things to address.  If you are going to re-read old entries you will find several entries that are out of place and all are currently all dated from November 2018. No, I did not start posting early, but when I went back through and made some edits to some older entries, I discovered after the fact, that it reposts them to a new date. Oops. But hey, if you want to look at them like new entries, that is all well and good too.

This brings us to the other bit of housekeeping I wanted to mention.  And in typical Judson fashion, I am kind of burying the lead here.  I was editing the old blog posts because I have published a book.  I went through and handpicked the very best 25 entries from the last decade and combined them in a book with bible verses for the advent. Again, Yeah me, I guess!  This is the link to where you can get your very own copy.
It is available on Amazon for kindle readers.  If you do not have a kindle reader, the good news is there is a kindle app. you can download for your phone, totally free.  There is also a version you can download for your computer, again, totally free. The book is pretty inexpensive as well.

Now, if you have been following along at home, and have already read all the entries, then why would you want the book?  I am glad you asked.  First of all, THE EDITING! Gone are the typo’s and run on sentences. Secondly, there is an A INTRODUCTION and an AFTERWARDS and the only place you will find those is in the book.  They could be full of Christmas magic, you won’t know unless you buy the book.  Thirdly, the whole bible verse advent thing.  Every day has a theme, like ‘A time for keeping in touch’, hopefully the theme ties in to the verse and the story.  Some of the tie ins are very sketchy clever, and if you don’t buy the book you are missing out.

Don’t miss out!

I think that pretty much catches everyone up on the housekeeping stuff. Screwed up the order of the old entries and wrote a book.  What else is new? Well there is this sort of related funny thing that happened this week.  Last Wednesday I gave a little mini commercial for the book at church on Wednesday night, because you know, why not? Do you know what I discovered? Getting up and talking about a thing I did personally is HARD, like, much harder than if I had gotten up to talk about tanning, or, oddly enough, a book that was written by someone else.  Because marketing books is what I do for Fawkes Press, you would assume marketing this book would not be a big deal, but, strangely it is.

So much so, that I didn’t tell Kat till it was pretty much already out there on Amazon and for sale.  Also, I have not like actually told my siblings or my parentals personally yet.  I mean, I posted it on facebook, so  I assume they are aware, but there wasn’t that conversation of “hey dad, I wrote a book”.  SO what have we learned? The king of self promotion, is kind of self conscious about it. More or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...