Monday, December 31, 2018

Day 18.2018

Now I am sure you are asking yourself, how is day 18 and the 31st of December? Where has he been? What is going on?

Basically, since the Party on the 22nd, I have been in a holiday fugue. What day was it? Was there work? School? Was it morning? How long had I been wearing those Christmas pajamas? Was that a cough drop or a candy cane stuck in my hair? Yeah, it has been a rough week.  I am putting it out there right now that next year; I am going to figure out how not to get sick during the holidays.

So where were me? The party was on the 22nd and as always it was Christmas. I am not sure why having too many dips and too many types of sweets and a huge punch bowl of eggnog and a house overflowing with people became more the central part of the season for my family but it is.  And when I say too many dips and too many types of sweets I am not exaggerating.  Why do we need so many food options? I don’t know, but what if someone went home hungry? That would be like killing a reindeer.  

This year we were back to having the party in our home and I cannot tell you how wonderful that was, but also how much it increases the stress. On the one hand, when the party is over, we can put the food away, or leave it on the table, and go to bed.  When we have the party at the fireman’s hall. We have to pack everything up and take it home, and clean and restore the hall to its previous state.  I am forever grateful for the years we used the fireman’s hall, but the cleaning part is exhausting.  The flip side is the house here has to be clean, and because we moved in May we were less than 100% unpacked and party ready.  Thursday night we were hammering and hanging pictures. Friday night I was still decorating the tree. There is a really fun day drinking and crafting video coming of the decorating we did. I hope to get that edited and out there before Epiphany.

What else was new this year? My sister Jenni and her kids all came for the party and stayed for Christmas.  It was wonderful. Like joyful wonderful.  Her kids are so much fun, plus her youngest, Christian, drank like 2 gallons of eggnog during his visit.  Someone has to drink that leftover party beverage!

So as I move into the rest of my 25 days I hope that your holiday was amazing and loved filled.


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...