Sunday, December 2, 2018

Day 2. 2018


Good Evening, happy December 2. Happy Hanukkah! Happy first Sunday of Advent, the Sunday of Hope.  Today was a busy day, and as I am sitting here working on this I am remembering there are several other things I need to take care of tonight.  Miles to go before I sleep and all that.  Did you know that Robert Frost’s Poem Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening is about Santa Claus?  It totally is.  Read it again. 


Ok, I don’t really think that, but in college I did hear a fellow student argue that with the English professor.  Good times. 

This morning in Sunday school we had several projects going on. First we just finished a whole unit that started with Moses and the bulrushes, and ended up with Joshua fighting the battle of Jericho and winning. So yeah lots of old testament stuff, and we have been putting up the different Sunday school lesson posters in the windows for the last 3 months so the kids can see where the whole story has been leading them.  Today started a new lesson so we took all the posters down and started fresh.  The first Sunday of Advent seemed like a good time for this, so we made an Advent banner for the Sunday of Hope. 


Today’s banner was made by using a big collection of Christmas stamps I found in the resource room and purple paint, Lots and lots of stamping. You would think it might have taken a long time, but actually with 7 children it went pretty fast.  Then I glued on letters spelling out hope and my Paul hung it in the window.  When I took out the letters, one of the children noticed they were in an envelope that had come in the mail.  My friend Jodi has a fancy cutter thingy, so she helped me out  by cutting the letters and mailing them to me.  In all seriousness I was asked if Jesus had mailed me the letters in the mail. Of course I said yes, Jesus had mailed me the letters for the Advent banner.

Ok, fine, no I did not tell the child that Jesus sent me the letters.  I could have, but you know, Paul and Kathleen were there.  See, there is a reason I’ve been teaching babies all these years.  No one minds my version of the truth when they can’t repeat it to their parents.


PS if you didn't see the post yesterday about the book, here is a reminder, there is a link on the upper right side of the blog. Check it out. Santa says all the good kids are doing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...