Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Day 15.2018

I really need to be in party prep mode, and yet here I am blogging.

What still needs to be done?

I have 4 more tubs of Christmas things to cull through to pick what I am using to decorate the house with this year.

I need to put up the tree and then decorate it. 

I have to do something with the mantel.

I have two boxes labeled stemware that I need to unpack and then wash, and then find a place to put them. 

Which reminds me I need to wash all the serving platters and all the party plates and the punch cups. 
When I unpacked 30 punch cps the other night I was like, ahh, I am so happy to see these. Now  I am dreading the washing.  

The house needs to be cleaned.

I have to hang up at least 4 pictures. Maybe 6.

There is an appalling pile of laundry in the laundry room.

I am embarrassed to admit we don’t have a party menu yet, although I did look at a cookbook for about half an hour today.  Jell-O with meat in it is still a big no right?

I have a table covered with Christmas ornaments I need to do something with. I also have a bag of shells I borrowed from my Mother in law I need to put out.

There are lights. There is the front of the house. Is there some sort of mathematical equation that doesn’t involve me on a ladder but equals twinkle lights on the front of the house?

I think I have to shop for a dress shirt for a 17 year old. I am hoping that there does not have to be an argument about it.

I know I have at least one run to Michaels for stuff. And given how organized I am, probably more than one.  I think I need to go to the party store for a punch ladle. Or two, maybe two to be on the safe side.  I mean, I am pretty sure they are in the big tub of platters, but we don’t want a repeat of 2015 do we?

Also there is the necessary avoiding people asking me if I am done Christmas shopping. That happens after the party, every year. What kind of people do it before?

Also, I probably need to investigate that sound that I suspect is Eko kitty playing with some precious heirloom Christmas decoration.

Also not to add to Kat’s list, but why do people keep ordering candy off of Etsy? Whose genius idea was that?

I have 3 or 4 really clever Day Drinking and Crafting videos to film, but I am running out of time, and Matthew's schedule is not helpful.

Speak of the devil Christmas Angel, I've got to go, Matthew needs to be picked up and then dropped off somewhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...