Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Day 16.2018

Good evening.  Three guesses what I am not doing? If you guessed party prep then your next two guesses don’t count.  It is not that I don’t want to do it, it is just that there are so many other things that need doing.  Good thing this is one of those years where the party is like a week a before Christmas right? Right? (The party is on the 22nd, Christmas is on the 25th, so yeah, no, not one of those years)

Tonight was church so of course, we had time with the littles, the real littles, the pre 3 year olds.  The regular littles from Kat’s class sang tonight, and it was predictably adorable. While we are on the subject of predictably adorable here is the craft we did in class last Sunday.  Here is the final version.



Now originally this was going to be a quarter-sized headshot of the child, on a popsicle stick and just one folded up coffee filter.  But things don’t always work out the way that we plan. I took the pictures and emailed them off to be printed without any specifics so when they were delivered they were really much bigger than I had anticipated.  Kathleen went to the resource room and came back with paper towel tubes and in typical crafting fashion, I just winged it.  Really though? These came out perfect.  The angel wings are the traced hands of the littles. My favorite is that one of the littles traced hand wound up with 6 fingers. I don’t know, I am pretty sure she has the normal number of fingers, but somehow in the tracing, we ended up with an extra. 2 extra really since we had folded the paper over to make two wings.


Now looking at Paul’s angel, since I can’t show you the other kids angels, I realize I should have sent one of Matthew’s headshots so I could have a matched pair of these adorable angels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...