Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Day Twenty

Merry Christmas! 

Yes I am behind. Yes I intend to get caught up. Maybe by new year, but for sure by 3 Kings. 

Tonight’s post was written by my beloved Kathleen. She is a blessing. You think you know, but more than that, I swear. 


A few weeks ago I saw an ad on Facebook that moved me. I don't usually think much of the ads, but this one was unique. It was an ad to shop blind with the Two Blind Brothers clothing company. Shopping blind means selecting a price from several options, putting in your address and payment info and trusting the company to send something worthwhile. There were no images, no descriptions. The company was created by 2 brothers who are blind. They talked about trusting strangers to help with their own clothing shopping--with prices, colors, sizes, appearances. How humbling and daunting it must be to know you've put your faith in someone who could be kind or not. So, their ad hooked me. The proceeds from my order and many other orders go toward finding a cure for blindness. The experience opened my heart up in a new way, to appreciate further the struggles and differences we all live with. We opened our box tonight as a family. We were not disappointed. There was something for everyone in the box, and we all loved the idea behind shopping blind. 
Do us a favor? Consider what it's like to trust someone blindly, completely. Consider what that faith must be like.

Oh, and here's a link to their website

https://twoblindbrothers.com/


And no, we aren’t saying what was in the box, but everyone was pleased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...