Monday, December 2, 2019

Day Two

What did you do today? 

Kathleen and I snuck out and went to the movies. I’m not sure what it says that as adults we have to sneak out to see a movie, but there it is. If we do the thing where we ask who is home, who has to work, who needs a ride, bing, bang, boom, our time and our cars are suddenly gone, or spoken for. So we snuck out.

We went to the Harkins in Bricktown. There is some sadness because we no longer have sons who work there, or nieces, or even a wayward nephew, so our free movie hookups are long gone. Although we did have free movie passes today.
Anyway. While at the theater I grabbed one of the promotional postcards for the “throwback movies” on Tuesday night.  As in the past; every Tuesday night at 7pm, and every Saturday at 10am Harkins is showing a classic holiday movie. Bonus part is that the movies are only $5. If you haven’t paid full price for a movie lately, trust me, it’s a bargain.

What movies are showing this December you ask?
12/3 7pm The Wizard of Oz
12/7 10am The Holiday 
12/10 7pm Elf
12/14 10am The Polar Express
12/17 7pm Christmas Vacation 
12/21 10am It’s a Wonderful Life
12/24 7pm A Christmas Story 

I don’t know it will turn out to be just today, or if there will be more sneaking out to see movies this holiday season, but I’m hopeful. Do me a favor, watch a Christmas movie with a friend? Share a laugh and some overpriced popcorn? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...