Sunday, December 8, 2019

Day Eight

I’ve shared before, to the point that I worry it’s too much, that my family has experienced losses, deep painful losses at the holiday season. We’ve also lost people not in the holiday season.  Loss makes life hard. Grief is hard. It can make the holidays hard.

This isn’t something that we get prepared for. There aren’t Christmas specials about going on without loved ones. There aren’t songs about loss and going on. Well there are, but Christmas Shoes, and Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer aren’t chock full of life lessons, just sappy sentimental tripe.

So what do we do? I wish I knew. Sweet baby cheeses I wish I knew how to get through this season where I want to be merry and bright, but I’m feeling the pain of loss so much I can’t breathe.

My Mom always said, when you are thirsty have a drink of water.  So today I’m going to breathe deeply, drink water, and say their names. 

Jan
Becky
Patrick
Jay
Chris
Karen
Ann
Stephanie 
Amanda
Chris
Tara
Jane
Ger
Roy
Mike
Courtney
Donna 


Do me a favor? When you remember the people you have lost, tell their story and say their names. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...