Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Day Eighteen

Day drinking and crafting.

With all the ornament exchanging going on, you might wonder why I haven’t posted any day drinking and crafting videos. It’s a valid question. I had plans and good intentions. I even scheduled time with Matthew to video it. However, there is that old chestnut about the best laid plans...




In any case, (see I even revived that verbal tic from the Day Drinking & Crafting videos), I did do do day drinking and a little crafting, it just didn’t get recorded. These are the gnomes I made for party decor.  Sidebar: my sister Jenni asked me when/how I knew gnomes were going to be the hot Christmas decorations this year. I picked for my decor theme this summer on the way to Dallas for the DFWCON. I can only assume my Instagram hashtag #whereisericsgnome is the reason it caught on. 

As far as the instructions for the gnomes, they are pretty easy. They are all over YouTube and Pinterest. It requires socks, preferably clean, a beard, (I used yarn I had left over from last year, but some people use fur), a wooden bead for a nose, embellishments, something to stuff them with... Oh, and something to weigh them down.  When I was planning on taping the process I mentioned to Matthew that it would funny if I used rice or beans and pretended I took them from the pantry and he said Mama wouldn’t be happy, then at the end of the video I’d have Kat do a voice over asking where her rice was.  However since we didn’t tape it I just did my own thing.

Two of the gnomes are water bottles, but they kept falling over, so I put a couple of handfuls of adzuki beans from the pantry. I even texted Kat that I was going to use them. The rest of the gnomes are stuffed with plastic grocery sacks and some navy beans to weigh them down.  

I was just about done with all 5 of them when Kat got home from work.  She thinks they are super cute.  She asked me what beans I had used from the pantry and I showed her. Apparently adzuki beans are more expensive than the kidney beans I should have used.  Oops! 

Do me a favor? Get permission first? Less to apologize for that way. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...