Thursday, December 7, 2017

2017.7 Hallmark channel

So here we are, December 7 and it is starting to feel like winter here in Oklahoma.  It is COLD.  To make matters more enjoyable I have been sick.  I thought I was just down for a day, but as I look at my phone I realize I missed 3 days of work.  Where has the time gone?  I have done a super human amount of sleeping.  Hours and hours of sleeping.  Last night I reached a point where I could not sleep anymore.

Like any red-blooded American male, I did the only logical thing, and I turned on the television.  I watched some NCIS, got bored, then deleted dozens of shows off of the dvr,  Why as we still recording series when we have seen all the episodes?  I tried some food network, but even the sight of food had a negative effect on my stomach.  So I channel surfed, and as much as I am reluctant to admit it, I settled on the hallmark channel with its specific non-stop heavy handed sentimental romantic Christmas movies.


I know, I know, I have been chiding, no, harassing Texas Jay for overdosing on hallmark Christmas movies starting back in November.  So go ahead, judge me. I admit it. I can see its heavy handed, and contrived and cute, but at the same time… Can I blame it on the cold medicine? 

Because I do not for a minute believe in all that Hollywood happy ending gingerbread and whipped cream.  I know deep down that the holidays can be hard.  Feel free to review last year’s blog entries for proof of that.  I know that no amount of hope is going to magically change that.  This whole year has been a very long climb out of a dark place.


So keep all of that in mind when I say forgive me if for just a little while I indulge in this Christmas nonsense? Besides I often wonder what happened to Dermot Mulroney, Danny Glover and Joan Cusack.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...