Thursday, December 21, 2017

2017.15 45 Trees?

I may have mentioned 45 trees were a decorating issue I was struggling with pre-party? What was that about?  Well those in the know may remember 2 years ago for the silver 25th party I went a little over the top with the decorating. Polishing all that silver, and the silver decorations, the ornament chandeliers… After that year Kat had me agree I wouldn’t spend money on the next year’s decorations.

So I reigned it in and last year I only decorated using items we already owned (raiding the boxes of Christmas decorations that are in storage here in Oklahoma).  I liked how it turned out, and got multiple compliments, including how elegant it looked.   The downside is that when the night was over I had to pack all those decorations up and then… uggghhhh… take them back to storage. So last year Kat said, no more, this year when the party was over she wanted to throw the ornaments in the trash.


I don’t believe that she thought I would remember, or that I would comply. However, I spent the better part of the year trying to figure out how to make that happen.  I think I came up with a good plan, thanks in large part to help from my unpaid interns, and despite some Saturday afternoon panic I was really happy with how they turned out, and the table decorations that did not find new homes with party guests went in the trash and did not have to come home or to storage with us. 

So here, for the first time are the party decorations, both the completed party shots, and the pictures from ‘in the process’.  Just know that even though designers said red, and Scandinavian, and rose gold were the hot trends we went with a mostly monochrome theme, despite what people may think, I am not just a slave to trends, HA!

Oh, and the table wreaths? After a craft fair in Shawnee we saw a woman toss them in the trash. I pointed it out to Kat and she said if Matthew and I had a plan for them, as long as they did not come home from the party... So we grabbed them, took some garish ribbon off and then spray painted them with a coat of white paint.  Nice! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...