Saturday, December 23, 2017

2017.17 Worth their weight in spiced gumdrops

It is December the 23rd and while I have completed most of my Christmas shopping (and that is a tale unto itself). I am woefully behind on my Christmas blogging.  Matthew and I taped at least 4 day drinking and crafting videos, but you have only seen one.  Why is that? Well the free software that I used to edit the thing only lets me upload one video.  So although I have edited the second one, I can’t post in anywhere, so I am looking at what my options are.  Also, as I understand it, many people couldn’t watch it on their phones, so I may need to break it apart and blog a series of clips.  So there is that.

But here and now? I am posting the party pics I got from Katie Powell.  In years past I have asked my Paul’s “best friend from his whole life” Katie Powell to take party pictures because #1 she is really good at it, and B) she accepts payment in spiced gumdrops.  This last summer when she took Paul’s senior pictures that I haven’t done anything with, I told her about this article I read where a SUPER EXTRA person hired an artist to do tiny watercolors of her wedding reception guests instead of photographs and I suggested that at some point in Katie’s artistic career we could look forward to that.  Sometimes she looks at me like she is afraid to say what she really thinks.  This was one of those times.


This year I did not ask Katie in advance to take pictures or miniature watercolors because I know, busy college student, whole life going on, maybe too cool for the party blah blah blah.  But when she mentioned that she did have her camera in the car… How could I resist that opportunity to exploit?  In any case here are some of my favorite pictures that Katie took at the party. 






Mama Kat about to go off,,,

I wonder where Mama Kat gets it? ;-)



somethings defy explanation

see? who can explain?

Baby Scott and Whitney




Najah and Ciela! So very perfect.

Yeah for the Swinneys!

I winder what Larry said to Sandy?


Kathleen and Cathy have been friends since before God invented water.



Yeah for Donna getting Bo and Larry out of the Civic Center in time for the party!

Amy and Baby Thor!

Silly Games!


1 comment:

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...