Sunday, December 10, 2017

2017.9 Throwback Movies

Yes I know I missed a day yesterday.  I had plans on what I was going to post, and then I also needed to do laundry, and then there were two parties to go to, and some imbibing of grownup drinks and then I came home and, well, what is a polite term for passed out on the couch? In any case, I am a day behind and it is just December 10th. Anyone betting on if I can get caught up?
As you may know my oldest son Paul works at Harkins Bricktown Theater here in Oklahoma.  Occasionally they show older movies, “throwback movies”.  Typically they show the vintage movies on Tuesday nights.  Through the end of this month however, every Tuesday and every Saturday they are screening some holiday classics.  I am disappointed that I have already missed Love Actually, Polar Express, and White Christmas, but I am looking forward to the rest of this month’s choices
              
  • Tuesday December 12th     Christmas Vacation
  • Saturday December 16th     Elf
  • Tuesday December 19th     Home Alone
  • Saturday December 23rd    It’s a Wonderful Life
  • Tuesday December 26th     Die Hard





The Tuesday night showings are usually at 7pm, and the Saturday shows are 10am. The best part? These special screenings are only $5. So if you are looking for something low key, but still festive to do during the holidays, this is a great choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...