Sunday, December 17, 2017

2017.13 Jolly Holiday

I am behind and I know it.  I have had a busy last few days what with the party prep, the party, and other big events keeping me busy. Plus I left my laptop at my in-laws and kept neglecting to bring it home. Not that if I had I would have remembered to blog, but you never know.

Tonight I want to share my experiences at one of this weekend’s highlight events. As usual the event was lavishly decorated.  The attendees were dressed in very festive attire. One attendee was resplendent in a lovely gold dress, another wore festive Christmas pajamas, and a third wore reindeer horns.  The snacks, well, what can I say? There were no complaints and as the evening wore on, some attendees were seen to be taking treats off of their friend’s neglected plates. 

Later in the evening, as the festivities progressed, there was much giggling, and frivolity.  Games were played, discussion of the upcoming Christmas holiday and what gifts they wanted.  One attendee wandered around randomly singing “jingle bells, jingle bells…” One young mother kept putting her baby on the floor and wandering away. I hate to bring up the following but by the end of the evening one guest had even peed on himself.  He probably should have not had so much to drink, but I am not judging.


All in all though, I would never trade doing childcare with the toddlers and babies at church for anything.  They are always a jolly and festive bunch, especially at Christmas.
Not tonight's rowdy jolly children, but a rowdy jolly bunch nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...