Sunday, December 8, 2013

White Christmas



Dreaming of a winter wonderland? Come to Colorado!  It is freakishly cold here! Somewhere between -11 and 7 degrees.  That is really cold!  How cold you ask?  Well Matthew wore a jacket over his hoodie today, and mittens.  So, pretty cold.

It was snowing when I took them to school this morning, and still snowing when I left work to come home.  Traffic was something of a nightmare, I thought people in Colorado knew how to drive in the snow? I guess I was wrong.

When I finally got home I was SHOCKED!  Not only had the boys turned on the Christmas lights, but they had shoveled the driveway.  Without being asked.  It was like a Christmas miracle.

*I wrote this last Wednesday night 12/4 I posted it to the blog, and then promptly deleted it because I hated it.  I looked at again today and I don’t hate it so here it is.

**When I got home Thursday the sidewalks had been shoved as well.  Kat was convinced the neighbors had done it since the walks all the way to their driveway had been done.  Turns out Matthew and Paul went ahead and did their walk too. “Papa there are a lot of little kids that live there, they probably don’t know how to shovel yet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...