Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Star! A Star!



According to lore a star shone in the sky over Bethlehem to let the Wiseman and Shepherd’s know where to find the infant Jesus.  My friend Sandy Ferree is particularly fond a quote that says “If it had been three wise women they would have asked directions, arrived on time, helped deliver the baby, cleaned the stable, made a casserole, and brought practical gifts, and there would be peace on earth.”

That may very well be true. Well maybe not the peace on earth part. But the rest, perhaps.

When I was struggling to decide if I should move to Colorado and completely uproot my family and leave my Oklahoma friends behind, I kept asking for a burning bush.  I thought if God spoke to me from a small shrub that was on fire I would be clear what I should do.  But yeah, I’m not Moses, so. . .

Two years ago after we were here and Kat had a job, when everything got all shook up at her former DHS office in OKC I told her that was our sign that we had made the right choice.  Even though it was scary and less than smooth transition I felt as though that gave us some confirmation that if we had held on to what we had in OKC that it wouldn’t have lasted. 

So I envy those wise men with a big giant star pointing them in the right direction.  Even better to be a shepherd and have some loudmouth angels telling them “HARK! Get your butts in gear, he is over there!”  Lucky for me I am married to a wise woman, so my stable is clean and there is a casserole in the oven waiting when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...