Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Party Recap



Saturday Night was our Christmas Party.  It was a good turnout but not at all what we had expected.  Early on Paul had asked if he could invite some friends from school.  I told him that was fine and gave him 5 invitations to use with his friends.  

Well, he gave those out and came back and asked for more.  I gave him 5 more and suggested that he should try and limit the invitations to 10.  He agreed.  I also strongly suggested that he not invite anyone after Wednesday because you don’t want to give the impression that your guests were a last minute thought , or that you thought that your friends wouldn’t have plans of their own.  

I could swear Paul agreed with me when we discussed it.  However, Friday when he came home from school he let me know he was in the neighborhood of 10 people.  When I pressed him for details he confessed that he had 14 of his friends coming.  Then he told me not to worry, he had told them all that it was ok if they brought a friend. Wait, What?!?!?

Sure enough Saturday night around 6:30pm His friends started to arrive.  Pretty soon we had a house full of teen age boys and girls.  I wish everyone could have seen what a good host my Paul was.  He offered all his friends drinks of punch or eggnog, explained that there was no alcohol in either.  Then he explained what all the appetizers and sweets were. He paid special attention to explain his crazy cookie recipe.   He even fixed plates for his female guests.   

All in all it is probably for the best we didn’t have 100 guests, because I am certain that we wouldn’t have had enough food.  As it was we barely had enough for all those teenagers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...