Monday, December 16, 2013

Stale Christmas cookies.



Today in the office someone offered me a Christmas cookie.  I accepted and was disappointed to discover that not only was it store bought, it was stale.  I was certain my smile gave nothing away, but my coworker was quick to volunteer that even though she would never buy cookies at King Sooper ordinarily, but when it is Christmas, you just do it.

What the WHAT?!?!?!? So now the holiday season and a Nike motto are justification for eating stale cookies?  It truly must be the end times.

In 1999 I compiled all of our Christmas Party photos into a photo album and wrote an introduction that included a statement that I chose not to look at my friends willingness to travel great miles and put up with me for a cup of eggnog and some of Kat’s fudge as some sign of how low society has sunk.  I still am not quite there, although I wonder every year why people come to our party.  Don’t get me wrong.  I want people to come; I’d be pretty blue if no one came. 

So, if you are in the area this Saturday night, stop by.  I promise that my cookie press cookies will not be stale, (if I manage to get around to making them this year).  And Kat’s chocolates? Totally worth putting up with whatever I might say to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...