Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Last Minute Shopping



Last night after work, before White Christmas, we took the boys Christmas shopping.  As usual Paul picked a TON of presents for Matthew.  Paul explained that since he had found good prices we can get a lot more.  I understand the logic, but the math of it does not add up.  Matthew did a pretty good job himself, sneaking a gift for his Mama off the shelf right in front of her without her noticing.  He did a good job on his brother’s gifts too, but I suspect that Matthew has the lion share of gifts this year.

I suspect that this may be the last year I make purchases for them in the toy sections.  That makes me a little sad, but I am trying not to dwell on it.  

The other night as I was tucking him in to bed I commented to him that we still needed to get Christmas gifts for the family.  He assured me he already had one for me.  I was surprised, and so he went on to elaborate that it was amazing stupendous.  I said I looked forward to opening that gift.  Then I rubbed his head a while and we listened to Christmas music.  As I was getting ready to depart my Matthew said “Papa you do know that ‘amazing stupendous’ is code for ‘oh crap I wonder what I get at Target for $1’, right?”  Clearly I rank high on his list.

The last purchase that Paul and Matthew made last night was a game for the wii.  They deliberated a long time in front of the display case and I am fairly certain there was conversation about whether or not they thought they could talk me in to Call of Duty (the answer would have been NO, rated M for Mature doesn’t mean 12 and 15).  Instead when they called me over they had selected a batman game they wanted and explained to me that since Matthew had a $5 gift card and Paul had $20 cash that they would split it, and that Matthew would pay Paul back the other $5.  Paul said he was sure Matthew was good for it since he saves his money.  I asked who the gift was for and they looked at me dumbfounded.  “We are buying this for each other Papa.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...