Monday, December 3, 2012

A Christmas Memory - Day Three

Holidays I don’t write about.

If you have read the other entries I have written then you know that I will write about anything. I wrote about shiny pants didn’t I? I have written about my childhood, and my children, and my children’s childhoods. I have written about Kat’s family, and my family. I have written about my friends and their families, I have even written about people I have never even met. I have other stories to tell, but sometimes I try and I can’t.

There is a great story about shopping for a wedding dress with Jenni in 2000, but the back story sucks and sometimes it hurts so much I can’t breathe. Paul’s first Christmas is noticeably missing as well, because it was Stephanie’s last and I just can’t, not if Kat and her folks are going to read it.

Last year I shared something my friend Durlix wrote questioning when the melancholy creeps into the holiday. I guess I have to ask when is not there? My Paul already knows and he is 14. That hurts me because I want my children to enjoy the holidays, and not be sad, but I know that I can’t always take away their sadness.

So what are your off limit years? What years do you just want to skip it all together and pretend it is March? I honestly and sincerely hope that this is not one of those years for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...