Friday, December 7, 2012

God Gave Us Christmas - Day Seven

Christmas carols.

I have written several times about my boys and Christmas music. Matthew wants to listen to Christmas music at night to help him sleep pretty much year round. Although he won’t admit it. After Halloween though, it is ON, he wants it all the time. Not so much for my Paul. He is really strict with Matthew and me about waiting for after Thanksgiving for Christmas music.

This year, several times he has asked me to turn off the Christmas music. “Papa, I know you and Matthew were listening to it while you getting ready today. Now that we are in the car, let’s put it on something else, pop music maybe?” Seriously? How is he my child?! Don’t answer that, I know how he is my child, let’s keep this pg.

Matthew thinks maybe he has it figured out, so he keeps asking Paul, “Do you like this song?” or that song? Trying to narrow down Paul’s favorites. Matthew is a fan of all kinds of Christmas music, although he is particularly fond of the Glee Christmas albums, and “Pepino the Italian mouse.” I really can’t explain that last one.

Last weekend Paul and I were running a quick errand, he got in the car and turned off the radio and sighed. “Papa, what is it, like the week before Christmas that start playing the religious Christmas songs, and the Christian Christmas specials?” I had that Homer Simpson DOH! Moment. My Paul doesn’t like Santa music, he wants Christmas carols. Which makes sense, as” Go Tell it on the Mountain” remains his favorite Christmas song of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...