Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Olive, The Other Reindeer - Day Five


Who doesn’t love Christmas socks? A warm fuzzy pair of super soft socks with a festive holiday pattern are certainly a popular go to gift for many. I know Kat has received her fair share over the years.

In the last few years however, even when her friends and family generously give her gifts with cozy holiday feet in mind, Kathleen rarely has been able to enjoy them. Why is that you ask? Has something happened to Kat’s feet that prevent her from partaking in holiday feet comfort? Has she embraced some austere lifestyle that requires that she eschew footy indulgence? Not exactly.

One time, several years ago I took a half frozen Matthew from some outdoor snow play and put him in a nice warm bath. After the bath I bundled him up in his Christmas pajamas, and because his feet were cold, Kat let him wear her brand new Christmas socks. ONCE. Ever since then a certain someone has appropriated every single pair of Christmas socks Kat has ever owned. Don’t ask him about it, he will deny it, but that boy does love his holiday socks.

Last Sunday we did some shopping for an upcoming leadership retreat for my job. I had the boys with me and as we were picking out ski caps for the District Managers my Matthew wandered off. I found him looking at the display of Christmas socks. “Papa, I am pretty sure this is what we need to get Mama this year!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...