Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Nightmare before Christmas - Day 8

What would my Christmas blog be without something inappropriate?

I have mentioned that my sister and her kids were in Colorado last weekend. After dinner at Zaidys, and the insane amount of walking to see the light parade, we went to the Corner Bakery for desert and hot chocolate. Of course while we were there the kiddles all had to make a restroom stop. Since Matthew is 11, Keenan insisted that he and Matthew could go without supervision to the restroom.

When the two of them returned they were giggling and had the look of mischief about them. Figuring bathroom humor I didn’t ask. Sometimes it is better to let boys be boys, and what I don’t know doesn’t hurt me. Keenan however could not wait to tell the story. Apparently, in the stalls there are 1930’s pin up girl posters. (I went and checked it out after the fact). The posters are not really racy, and I think you see more skin in a Victoria Secrets ad. However, to hear 8 year old Keenan tell it, they were NAKED LADIES on display in the bathroom.

Matthew said he didn’t look, but Keenan explained there was no way you could not look, you have to stand right there to go, and the picture was right there, where else are you going to look? Matthew suggested you could close your eyes, but Keenan was sure that would lead to peeing your hands. Keenan assured all of us that he was not going to pee on his hands so he had to look.

In an effort to change the subject, my horrified sister said, “let’s thank uncle Judson for bringing us to this yummy desert place!” Keenan smiled like an angel and dutifully said “thank you Uncle Judson for bringing me to the place with the unappropriate naked ladies in the bathroom. You sure know how to bring the fun Uncle Judson.”

I am pretty sure Jenni is never coming back to Denver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...