Sunday, December 23, 2012

Mr. Willoby's Christmas Tree - Day Twenty-Three



Pink Christmas!

I have written about white Christmases, blue Christmases, Colorado Christmases, Tucson Christmases and many, many Oklahoma Christmases.  Today I am sharing about this years pink Christmas.

Way back in September, one night as I was tucking him into bed my Matthew announced that this year he was going to decorate his Christmas tree with pink ornaments.  I have mentioned that he has a silver tinsel tree we put in his room during the holidays.  I figured his comment meant a few pink ornaments on his tree in his room and we would be good.  As usual, I could not have been more wrong.

In the fall my Matthew discovered pinterest and started pinning some crazy pink Christmas trees, wreathes, along with pink stockings, crafts, and even a pink vw van.  I asked him where he was going with this and he reminded me that this year was our pink Christmas and he just was getting ideas.

In October on a trip to Michaels for something completely unrelated he picked out supplies for several Christmas crafts.  Since they were relatively inexpensive I went along with it.  Then he selected some very expensive hot pink ribbon.  I tried to steer him towards something more affordable but he would not be deterred and said he was willing to pay for it himself.  When he got to the cash register with his ribbon the cashier said, “wow that is some really pink ribbon.”  My Matthew stood up tall and said “yes, yes it is.”  My Paul stepped up behind Matthew and put his hand on his shoulder and the cashier totaled the sale and took his money without further comment.

Matthew used his desire for a pink Christmas, and not inconsiderable crafting skills to create the centerpieces for last night’s Christmas party.  I loved them, and he was very proud of the compliments he received.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...