Sunday, December 6, 2020

stardate 12,6.2020


Today’s entry comes courtesy of my absolute favorite sister in law. Becca has taken her turn in the driver’s seat here twice before and she never disappoints.  I love her wit, her sense of humor and how much she loves my sister, and by extension my whole family 



It is times like this that make or break us. The Kinkade clan may be strewn about the US like dandelions in the wind, but strife brings us together. I’m fortunate to be an honorary member of the Kinkade family. My status into the family comes by way of marriage to Juliet. 

 

Juliet is the love of my life and the most amazing person I know. I may be biased, but she’s definitely one of the strongest people I’ve ever met, as well. How many people do you know who will let the tears flow at the simplest act of kindness, who wears their heart on their sleeve no matter the times people have hurt them, and who will, without thought of themselves, hunt down the bully from the school bus or attempt to drag a grown man out of a car for hurting someone close to them? That is my wife. She holds kindness close, like a coat of armor, and anyone she encounters nestles into that kindness without even realizing. She also holds family close, so do not cross her. She will do anything for the people she loves and isn’t love our greatest weapon? 

 

This year has been a big mess and none of us have been immune. We’ve had family come down with COVID, we had Jerry’s medical stuff, and my folks have had plenty of medical stuff to contribute. We’ve all made it to December, though.  The brightness in all of the chaos has been the show of love.

 

In the midst of a pandemic, Jerry had to get a couple medical procedures done and Juliet did not hesitate to be there by his side. Juliet stepped up to take care of him in recovery and to tend to the horses all while continuing her duties as Clinical Director of the non profit agency where she works. By the way, Juliet is allergic to horses and hay. So, she’d have to medicate, dress to make sure she was covered head to toe just to feed the horses, and spend the rest of the day recovering from the hay and horse induced  allergic reaction to be well enough to feed again in the evening. She did all this with a smile on her face, because she was getting to spend  time with her dad. 

 

This most recent event reminded me of how Juliet stepped up to help take care of her grandmother as her grandmother was making her way home. And the time Juliet held me up for a whole year after my sister Ger’s passing. My wife made all the arrangements for my sister’s funeral, while getting pushback from my extended family on the right way to do things.  She never faltered because she knew I nor my parents had the capacity to do it. Her super power truly is love. 

 

Juliet and her love are my greatest treasures. She is the reason I have a grateful heart even in the middle of a pandemic. She is the reason for me to celebrate this year of adversity.  Hug those closest to you and tell them you love them and I will do the same. 

 

Becca

Outlaw and in-law


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...