Friday, December 4, 2020

stardate 12.4.2020

Day Four Day Four!


My sister Jenni’s kids think I am Santa Claus.  I mean, as much as any 9, 14, & 16yer olds will admit to believing in Santa.  I choose to believe this is because they have good memories of past christmas activities shared with my family; christmas cookie day in 2006, the christmas parade in Denver in 2011, the nerf war of christmas day in 2016, their christmas in Oklahoma in 2018, and so many, many gingerbread houses with cousins.  Perhaps they think I am Santa because clearly with the all the christmas kitchen magicking Kathleen might be Mrs. Claus?  And anyone who suggests it is my girth and current unshaven status is getting coal in their stocking… er I mean is off the party list forever!


Last year I mentioned the big ornament exchange? Jenni and her kids were in on that,  Even the big nugget unexpectedly took part.  Additionally, Jen’s youngest son Christian has figured out that he and I share a love of eggnog.  Further Santa evidence in his book!  


In January, right after christmas, as Pier One was having its big closing down closeout I managed to snag some christmas ornaments for them at clearance prices.  Then in typical fashion I set them aside and didn’t mail them.  In October, when I went with Matthew in to Tucson I took the ornaments along to give to the niblings.  When they got them, Naomi and Christian exchanged knowing nods.  And allegedly, Naomi has told all the employees at Jen’s bakery that I was Santa.  


It is a lot of pressure.  I always deny it, and Christian agrees that the fact that I do not wear red really seems to support my argument.  Although everyone is still certain that Kathleen is Mrs. Claus. Still, when I was in Tucson I thought I was making some progress on the whole, “I am not Santa, just a really cool uncle” front.  That is, until laundry day.  With Jen’s permission I had washed and dried the few changes of clothes I brought with me.  The following morning I grabbed what I needed from the dryer and got dressed and ran out to the bakery, leaving my laundry in the dryer.  Jenni got home before I did and took my laundry out and folded it for me.  Christian and Naomi noticed that there were several pair of plaid boxers.  


See?  He really is Santa!  He has christmas boxers even though it is October!  


Ho Ho OH NO!


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...