Friday, December 18, 2020

stardate 12.15.2020




This is it! The year I have finally run out of things to say.  I didn’t even make it halfway through…

I am not much of a baker, but I do, on occasion, like to bake cookies.  I like to make cute or pretty looking cookies.  I had plans this year, I really did.  Then my famous cookies 3 ways were slightly underdone  If by underdone it can be understood they tasted like raw flour? 





Then I tried a new recipe, a gluten free cookie that was promised to be delicious.  I can attest that they were indeed delicious, but when I doubled the amount of butter called for, the uncontrolled spread of the cookies resulted in a giant chocolate puddle.





In the midst of my bitter disappointment I told Kathleen that those cookies were a metaphor for my life, when it looks good, I am raw on the inside, and when it’s good, I look like a total disaster.  She suggested I try and not be so dramatic.  She is probably right. 


I was starting to feel slightly better about my baking mishaps, and then Kathleen did this.  Do you see these amazingly perfect coconut macaroons?  See the ease with which she pipes the chocolate.  She is doing it to spite me, I just know it.





Then, to further add insult to injury, when I got home I received these pictures texted to me from my sister’s bakery.  Look what Matthew created.  They are calling it a Tucson holiday chocolate swirl.  It is a southwest version of a buche de noel, a classic chocolate and coffee flavored cake roll, decorated with tiny cactus bulbs.  I love how it looks.  But really? Really?  Is everyone in my family better at this than I am?





PS. These are the cookies Paul made.





Good Grief!


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...