Monday, December 19, 2016

Day Thirteen 2016

I was thinking about this the other day when Kat’s friends Summer and Hailey were in town.  We were discussing the fact that the boys go to NW Classen HS, and that it is not on NW Classen at all, and never was, it was so named because it is NW of Classen HS.  Go figure.  NW Classen boasts famous alumni Elizabeth Warren (yes THAT Elizabeth Warren) who got her start debating at NW Classen.  Another famous Alumnus is country singer Vince Gill.

In fact, they even have a life size statue of Vince Gill newly erected on campus in 2014.  Paul was telling us about the dedication after the fact.  As we understand it, Vince gave some money to the school and part of it was used for the statue.  To be honest the statue doesn’t really look like him, but he did show up for the statue dedication the first fall that we were back in Oklahoma City.

I asked Paul about it and he said not very many HS students showed up, because that is not exactly a popular style of music at NW Classen anymore.  I asked how the dedication was, and he said, very matter of factly, that it was alright, that he just stood there next to Vince Gill’s wife, and talked to her a little, since she looked bored.

Let that sink in.

Think about it.

My Paul stood next to AMY GRANT and chatted her up because she looked bored.

Say what you want about contemporary Christian music, back in the day she was the queen of it.  Not to mention, one could argue she is now the queen of Christmas music.  How many Christmas albums does she have? 3? 4?  Yeah, and that is my Paul right there.




No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...