Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Day Fifteen 2016

Tonight I am posting the best part of the party, no not the fabulous decorations, or the amazing food, but our guests, our friends who braved the cold to come out and see us.



From the very first year, where I wore sweats and sat on the floor wrapping presents, the party has been about inviting our friends into our home, (or in recent years, into the fireman’s hall) during the busy holiday season to relax and catch up.





















I fully realize the irony in that because it has grown slightly out of control and we probably have too many guests to actually catch up with all of them, but when we make the list, it is so hard to take people off. (Even when people have irritated me, I am hard-pressed to take them off the list).


Some people asked about the reserved signs this year.  I have written about the loss of several friends this holiday season.  One of the last conversations I had with Jay was the first week of December and he said he wanted to try and make it to the party this year.  That and Geraldine and Becca’s conversation about just jumping in the car and driving in for the party made me want to honor that in some way, show that while my friends and family may be gone, they are not forgotten and I am honoring their presence in my life

Chris Young & Jay Kopp

Christopher Kinkade

Geraldine Black

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...