Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Day Nine 2016

Going for something lighter here.  Because Lord knows I need something lighter, anything lighter.

Several days ago my friend Autumn posted these pictures on facebook. 





She got several likes and multiple comments from people asking if this was her house and/or her collection of old fashion shiny bright Christmas ornaments.

Because I am the kind of sweet person that says sweet things, I suggested that I hoped she had grabbed the pictures from pinterest, otherwise  I might have to liberate them.  #OrnamentLiberationFront

I also mentioned that I have one, small silver and pink old fashion hand painted shiny bright Christmas ornament that belonged to my Granny Horton (my Mom’s mother).  I have no idea how this ornament managed to survive my sister and I growing up, but once my Mom gave it to me, I knew better than to hang it on my tree.  Why? Well it is small, it doesn’t exactly stand out.  Also I worry it will fall off the tree and break.  Instead, when I want to display it, I put it on a cupcake stand under a dome.

Autumn asked what that looked like, so viola, here you go.



I think this was 2011.  I displayed it using a mini martini glass and old fashioned candy from Hammond's in Denver.

And here is the ornament close up, in Matthew’s hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...