Saturday, December 24, 2016

Day Eighteen 2016

For a minute there I had a plan, 2 blog entries a day till Christmas and I was all caught up, but then we got home late last night and I fell asleep instead of blogging.  Oh well, what are you going to do?  I think I have said it before, I was better at this when I could blog at work.

So what makes  me merry?  What little joy am I holding on to today?  Yesterday was Jay’s birthday.  
Yes I know, two of my three Jay’s have December birthdays. It’s a little odd.  So yesterday people were posting on his facebook about his first birthday in heaven and having a party up there with the angels. 

I can’t, you know?  I mean, I am ok with people having their own beliefs, but the image of Jay tying one on up in heaven seems pretty incongruous.

Then I opened up instagram and there were pictures of Jay’s son and step daughter decorating the house with their mom.  Just trimming the tree in a normal way, together, as a family. That made me smile.  Not that they were ignoring their loss or anything like that, but just that, for a few minutes, or an hour, they had some joy.


*** 2 things.  First I wrote this last night, and thought I had posted it, but it appears I did not. And secondly, I am not cyber stalking Jay’s family, even though it seems like it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...