Saturday, December 3, 2016

Day One 2016

Technically today is actually Thanksgiving, but If I don’t start banking some entries here it could be 2014 all over again.  Really, it is thanksgiving.  All the leftovers are causing the refrigerators at my in-laws to bulge at the seams.  I may be bulging a little bit too. 

In years past I have mentioned that my Matthew is my co-conspirator in starting the Christmas season by listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween.  This year something is wrong with him, maybe puberty, or maybe a head injury?  But he refuses to let me enjoy my life; I mean, listen to Christmas music until after thanksgiving.  First he said December 1st but I was like “oh no you didn’t, Santa is bringing you coal!” I mean, I reminded him that advent starts on 11/27 this year so Christmas music starts right after thanksgiving.

But, he is such a cheater. 

He changed his ring tone to carol of the bells the week of thanksgiving, so when people call him? He listens to the whole thing and doesn’t answer.  And then today as we were loading the car he had his earbuds in and was singing a song that sounded particularly festive, turns out it was “What’s This?” from Nightmare before Christmas.  I pointed out he was big fat cheater, and he pointed out the key word in the title was BEFORE. 

Then after dinner tonight as we were cleaning off the table and putting away the food (seriously, why is there so much food?) the quiet classical music we were listening to was too much and I thought we were all going to fall asleep.  So I switched it to Christmas music, thinking that since the meal was over, we were good.  But no, the Christmas music Gestapo came in, danced around, rocking around the proverbial Christmas tree, and then he changed it to 80s music, chastising me not waiting 5 more hours.

Because he is MEAN.

So here it is day one I was listening to Tiffany, but not even Tiffany Christmas music. Which enticed me to go find some Tiffany Christmas music. Don’t Hate, this girl invented the mall tour. Invented it.




#Tiffany4Eva #Gatorbator #MeanMatthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...