Monday, December 1, 2014

Day 1. We Need A Little Christmas



It is December 1st again, and where do I start?  I have debated whether or not blog this year.  I want to be merry and light and festive for 25 days and hopefully people will get their ho ho ho’s on, but it is a challenge. 

There are several reasons not to blog this year. First of all it takes time. Time I probably don’t have. Secondly, when I am blogging it looks like I am wasting time on my computer, (see reason #1 again.) Thirdly, it hasn’t been the easiest year and what if I can’t find 25 days of cheerfulness? It is not easy being clever all the time.

And here are the reasons to do it. . .


No really I do have some good reasons.




Well I think I do anyway.



Now what are they??


It comes down to this.  I started the blog in 2009 for one reason; because I thought it would be fun.  Mostly it has been.  (That is me underselling it).  My original plan was to have fun, and I can use some fun. (See reason #3 not to).

So here I am listening to Christmas music and blogging away.  I don’t have my usual 10 pre-written entries that I started in October, so you can expect it to be more off the cuff this year.  Maybe that is not a good thing.  I guess we will see.  I do have a few things planned though.  I have 2 guest bloggers lined up, and a potential guest poet.  I read one of the entries yesterday and it is really good.  I’ve asked the boys to contribute this year, but we will see. Maybe I can get Kathleen to write an entry?  I have already asked her to make 5 gingerbread houses, 3 new flavors of fudge, to help me figure out how to print the party invitations, and to figure out how to make these walnut shaped cookies.  All of this on top of the usual cookies, candy, and fudge.  Hmm… probably that’s a no to an entry from Kat. I guess I better put the pressure back on the boys.

If you are reading this and thinking “Hey! Why didn’t he ask me to write an entry?” then shoot me an email at judsonkinkade@gmail.com and I’ll give you a day.

Happy December 1, 2014.  Eat that advent candy for me.


***So I got this entry written and then it took me 40 minutes to figure out what email address I use to log in to Blogger.  Luckily Kathleen is amazing and she knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...