Monday, December 15, 2014

Day 15. Party Party Party



Our Party is less than a week away and once again we are less than ready.  This year we are having the party at the Fireman’s Hall, which makes it easier and also harder at the same time.  It is easier because I do not have to clean the house.  It is more difficult because I feel pressure to decorate the hall so that it looks as nice and beautifully appointed for the holidays as my home does, allegedly.  Also this year since we are asking people to bring things I don’t have the pressure of a million things to bake and/or cook to prepare, or to be more accurate, Kat doesn’t have that pressure.  However we still have a list of things, and not enough time to do it.

Not the Picture I was looking for, but still a delicious picture


This week I have several guest bloggers who will be sharing their memories of parties past, and more specifically what our Christmas party means to them.  I’ll be honest, I was a little misty when I read the blog entries.  When I recovered from my Sally Fields moment, (“They Like me!  They really like me!”) I realized that honestly I don’t spend much thought on what the party means to other people.  I really should because it has been broadcasted to me for years, Elisa was what? 8 the first time she let me know?  And yet somehow I manage to belittle our party and discount what it means to anyone other than Kat, the boys and me.

This year in addition to Jodi and Nicole blogging about the party I have received text messages from friends in Colorado who are very disappointed we have moved the party back to Oklahoma.  I still wonder how that can be since we only had 2 parties in Colorado and they were under attended, but I guess the lesson is that it is not about the quantity, it is all about the quality and Kathleen really knows how to put on a quality party.

So if you are in Oklahoma City, or you are planning on being in Oklahoma City on Saturday December 20th and you have not received an invite, please let me know and I’ll correct that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...