Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas regrets

Merry Christmas! I hope you and yours had a wonderful day. And I hope that you have enjoyed reading my blog the last 25 days. I made it through 25 whole days again this year, in spite of some serious work stress that is getting me down. With all sincerity I hope this was an amazing Christmas season for you.

That being said, what am I writing about today? Christmas regret. I have been thinking the last two days about things I regret about this year. I regret that I did not make cookie press cookies with the boys this year for our party. I meant to, but ran out of time. Last night after the Christmas Eve worship service I was really regretting that I had not contacted Karen McWilliams to find out where some kick ass hand bell Christmas music was going to be this year. At the moment I am regretting that we surprised the boys with a wii for Christmas as all I have heard the last half an hour is a nonstop request to play with the stupid thing. I regret that I could not find one of the gifts I wrapped when it was time to open presents this morning. And after dinner I really, really regretted eating as much as I had.

But honestly did any of these holiday missteps ruin the holiday? Will my children look back and remember this as the year we did not have cookie press cookies and the whole celebration was ruined? Will this be the year we refer to as the year without hand bells? Will we be scarred for life? Not likely. I suspect that like most parents I over plan, and try to do too much and when I fall short it is more of a relief for my children than a failure on my part.

For now, we are all home together, cozy in our Christmas pajamas. We are discussing watching a Christmas movie, but I suspect that I am likely to snooze on the couch during the movie. Until next year Merry Merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...