Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 16

I asked for suggestions of things to write about. It seems many of you are very interested in reading about my leather pants. I am not sure what to think about that. I am not opposed to writing about the pants but I am not so sure it would be entertaining or interesting, or particularly festive. I will think on it. In the meantime let’s revisit the dream of a white Christmas.

When I was in Denver the first week after thanksgiving there was snow, on the ground and in the air. It was lovely, and as I may have mentioned, it certainly made the city look all Christmassy. Since I have been back in OKC it has been cold, but not cold enough for snow, and there hasn’t been any precipitation. The weather persons have said repeatedly that OKC’s chances of a white Christmas are slim.

Paul is disappointed by that news. He says it is supposed to snow on Christmas Eve. It certainly did last year. Plus he has his story about the snow ice cream he and Matthew made. He says they put out a bowl, waited 15 minutes then brought it in and added sugar then gobbled it up. He said that was the best Christmas Eve dessert ever. I suggested he not tell his mother that, as she is in the height of her fudge making and might not appreciate that assessment.

Matthew has been thoughtful on the whole white Christmas issue this year. Yesterday he said he only wants it to snow if he is with Mama. He says only someone slow to learn would want to have a white Christmas unless you were sure your Mama would be at home with you and not stuck up at work far away from your family. In case you are not aware, ‘slow to learn’ is Matthew’s latest euphemism for stupid. A euphemism according to Matthew is a word of phrase that you can say and not get in trouble for.

2 comments:

  1. for the record, I haven't called anyone slow to learn this month. yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ma says childrend forever are "special". i say "nitwits" and "dingbats" should know better. rb

    ReplyDelete

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...