Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Well, Crap.

Well here it is December 1 again and all I have to say is… crap. 

Listen, it is not that I am unhappy that it is the Christmas season again, because I have been waiting for it for a while.  Waiting patiently I must say, unlike some major retailers, and those people who have had their Christmas lights up since October.  I am not unhappy to hear Christmas music on the radio either, although I haven’t quite picked the XM Christmas radio station for me yet. 

I am irritated because I have a problem. It is a teeny tiny small problem that might actually become a big problem if I can’t find a way to solve it.  You see, I have this Christmas blog that you might be reading.  I have been doing it for a few years now and I blog more or less reliably all December long, updating the handful of people who read it on the entertaining things that I remember from my childhood or the clever things my kids say.  I do it for no other reason than to entertain myself.  And I only do it in December.

Which leads me to my problem.  Because I only do it in December I tend to forget which email account I use to log into the blogspot website.  Don’t laugh.  For years I used jkinkade@atbtanning.com which was my work email.  I used it because it was convenient and I didn’t have another email account that wasn’t an aol account or a shared account with Kat.  Then something happened.  Yeah, yeah, but no, not THAT something where I stopped working for them, that did happen, but not till 2013. Sometime before that the atbtanning.com account became incompatible with the blogspot.com so I had to create a new email account.  Currently I am using judsonkinkade@gmail.com for everything and you would think that was the most likely suspect as far as email accounts associated with the blog.  Guess what? That is not the correct email account.  Oh sure I can log in, no problem, but it tells me no blogs are associated with that account.
I have tried jkinkade@gmail.com, judsondk@gmail.com, jdkinkade@gmail.com and still I have nothing.  It could actually be any one of those but maybe I don’t have the password correct.  I ran into this exact problem last year, you would think I would have written it down somewhere.  Maybe I put it on a note in my phone? Let me check.

Nope. I have the XM login and password, my quiche recipe, a shopping list from 4/16/2013, Matthew’s sweet potato biscuit recipe, Paul’s lunch code from smoky hill high school in Colorado, my recipe for corn casserole, (which I did not make this year for thanksgiving), a list of who attended our Christmas party in 2010, and another list of who attended in 2014, a note about cake stands and punch bowls, but no notes about which freaking email I used.

I had this problem last year, and in the end it was Kathleen who helped me out.  I just reread December 1. 2014 entry and it says Kat helped me, but not which email account it was.  That was clever of me. Kat is busy so I am trying not to harass her, but really? What could be more important than this?

I realize the irony of the fact that if you are reading this you already know how it ends it.  Trust me, it is frustrating right now.

Oh hey! Figured it out. And yes Kat helped.  The email is jkinkade1970@gmail.com. Really? What was I thinking? Why would I put the year I was ‘allegedly’ born in my email?  I lie about my age so often it is no wonder I can’t remember that email address.


In any case, here we go again.  Happy December 1st, thanks for being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...