Thursday, December 10, 2015

Festive Attire

Sweet baby cheeses there are only 9 days left before the party.  10 days people.  I haven’t polished any silver, I haven’t made any wreathes, I haven’t decorated any trees, I haven’t made a single cookie.  Kathleen, is it too late to cancel?

Lucky for those on the invite list Kat always says yes it is too late to cancel.

So here we are, instead? of preparing for the party I am blogging after a way too long day at work.   

What am I thinking about? What I will wear to this party.  See, I had the boys outfits worked out a while ago, (although Matthew isn’t sold on his outfit). I am just trying to figure out what I want to wear.

So, just for the record, I thought I would review what I have worn for the last 25 years and see what I can come up with.  Our photo albums are still in Colorado so I am doing this from memory. Be impressed with my ability to recall minutiae.

1991- Dark grey sweats and a grey sweater with huge red polka dots. (No I am not making that up)
1992- Black slacks, Black tuxedo shirt, black cropped tuxedo jacket.
1993- Black slacks, white shirt, black velvet vintage vest (Paul wore the same vest in 2008, and                     Matthew wore it last year)
1994- black slacks, black silk shirt.
1995- black slacks, green tuxedo shirt, black silk vest. (Paul wore the shirt in 2009)
1996- black slacks, black silk shirt.
1997- black slacks, black banded collar shirt with a jeweled top button on the collar, black cowboy               boots.
1998- hounds tooth slacks, white banded collar shirt from Banana Republic
1999-black slacks, black shirt
2000-black slacks, green sweater.
2001-black slacks, blue shirt, silver vest (what happened to that vest?)
2002-black slacks, black shirt
 2003-black slacks, dark grey shirt.
2004- black slacks, green tuxedo shirt, silver cufflinks.
2005-navy slacks, green shirt
2006-white shirt, black sweater vest, black slacks, red tie.
2007-black shirt, khaki pants
2008-Red heather dress shirt, navy slacks.
2009- black slacks, black and white pinstriped shirt, wine colored silk tie
2010-grey slacks, grey shirt
2011-grey slacks, white shirt, grey tie, green v-neck sweater.
2012-red slacks, grey shirt
2013-Red slacks, black shirt, black cardigan, red tie
2014-grey plaid slacks, white shirt, grey vest, red bowtie, black wingtips with red shoe laces

This was actually harder than I thought.  Some years I can vividly remember what Kat wore, or what Paul wore, but what I wore is somewhat foggy.  I guess we will have to wait until someone with better memory than me shows up, or I get the photo albums back from Colorado to see what years I was wrong about.

What’s the point of this exercise? Do I have any clarity about what I want to wear next weekend? No, but hey, I seem to favor the black shacks and black shirt look right?

Merry Christmas from Johnny Cash!



No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...