Friday, December 10, 2021

Hope Sunday


The advent season started way back in November this year.  As is our typical habit we crafted an advent banner in Sunday school with the littles and began talking about the advent and what that means.  Just a reminder, our group of littles range from almost two to 6 years old.  


Sometimes when we start talking about advent and Christmas things start to click and the littles remember that we’ve touched on this before.  A few years back, when we started our advent banners one of the little said that was her favorite part of the year.  No worries about my ego though, because 3 weeks later she said “advent banners? Again? Can’t we do something new?”

This year it was all news to the littles.  They woke and had decided they had never heard of advent, or christmas, or Jesus before in their lives.  What’s more, some of them had thought they had never done a craft project with mister Judson before, one of the littles was looking at Ms. Kathleen like they had no idea who she was, and I am fairly certain another one of the littles wasn’t quite sure who they were on that morning.  However, I did learn, from one of the littles that Jesus knew how to fly.  I mean, I am not suggesting that he didn’t but it’s not exactly a bible story I am familiar with.  It is a process, y’all.


This is our Hope banner. A rainbow and doves.  We talked about how Christ’s birth was prophesied, so people knew and were waiting and hoping, and hopefully getting ready.  But honestly, by that point the only thing the littles were hoping for was snack time.  So yeah for snack time!

Also, yeah for littles who are always honest, and who bring so much joy to my life    



  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...