Tuesday, December 7, 2021

What Fresh Mess is this?




Day Three and already a day behind.  How many times have I shared that I meant to post and then…?  It is a common theme around here.  So let’s start with last year.  What happened after I mysteriously dropped off last year?  What happened?


I doubt anyone is surprised to hear that last year was a rough year.  It was.  I also doubt that anyone would be shocked to know that traditionally after our party, I have a touch of the holiday let downs.  Typically I review the party, what went right, what went wrong, what my feelings about the whole thing were.  Usually, after a day or two I move on and get over myself and pull it together and rally till christmas. Last year, not so much.  


The party was a zoom party, and while it was lovely in a way to see all those sweet faces and hear christmas wishes from people we love dearly, it wasn’t the same.  So, afterwards I mostly lay on the couch with a cozy blanket and watched sappy christmas movies till the month was over.  


Well, not exactly.  Mostly it is true, but I had already committed to twelve days of crafting for my littles.  During the midst of the quarantine I had started making little videos for my Sunday school littles where I walked them through doing an easy craft and shared, hopefully, encouraging and insightful words with them.  Earlier, much earlier, I had come up with a genius plan, of doing 12 days of videos to provide an activity for the stuck at home crowd to pass time between christmas and 3 kings day.  


I had recorded 3 or 4 in advance, but then I got busy with other things, which meant, like now, I found myself in the position of having to record more crafting videos as the year counted down.  So, yeah, that sort of interfered with my intended plan to be in a Hallmark movie coma till the end of the year.  And so, for lack of anything else to share, here is the link to the first of those videos.  


And go ahead and feel free to watch the rest of the 30ish videos.  Because why not? 








No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...