Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day Thirteen

Christmas 1996 was a big year for us. My Mom was here to visit; Kat's parents were here from CA for a visit. Steph and Clyde brought Elisa up from Okmulgee and we had a really good time. Part of our celebration that year was to go and see the Nutcracker at the civic center here in OKC.

Because Kat is a good aunt and wanted this to be fun for Elisa Gail as well as the adults, she purchased a new dress for Elisa to wear and then very carefully explained the whole story to our girl so she would know what to expect. Elisa did pretty well for about the first half. She enjoyed the children at the party and liked the action of the fight with the mouse king. About the time we got to the snowflakes she was done though. So she asked in a VERY loud whisper that was heard throughout the balcony, "Aunt Kakleen, when is this girl going to wake up? Her dream is giving me a headache!!"

It was Clyde's first ballet too, and I suspect he was wondering the same thing too.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Judson, I am now getting up early and going to the computer first thing to see what you have written. Don't stop!

    ReplyDelete

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...