Friday, December 2, 2022

Prepare A Way


Today was a good day.  I feel like lots got accomplished here at home.  Matthew and I power cleaned the living/dining room at the house.  Now before anyone gets overly excited; it's clean, but not spotless.  There is still some clutter, but most of the clutter was relocated to another room where some sorting will be going on. Hopefully.  Stay tuned for more on that.  It is entirely likely that 10 months from now I will think back and decide I cursed myself by predicting that sorting was going to happen.


This sort of cleaning has to happen right? Because in order to decorate for Christmas you need to clean things and put away the fall decorations and wipe the dust fuzzies off the mantle and bookshelves. That is certainly why I did it.  Last christmas I made a bet with my nephew Christian about who would get their christmas tree decorated first, and not only did he totally beat me, but I never actually got around to getting the tree out, or the clutter put away. I managed to decorate the mantel, and hang stockings, (more on that later). Careful cropping of the photo I took maked it look magazine worthy, but it was just the mantel, nothing else. If I am honest I think it is possible that the buffet table in the dining area was still decorated from Christmas 2020.  


All of that to say, I did the preparation part today.  I mean it isn’t perfect, but it has been done.  Certainly there is a parallel or something to the bigger christmas. Christmas with a capital C.  Whether it is your faith in Christ, your belief in the spirit of the season, the magic of santa, or just the kindness of your fellow person.  You need to make room for it.  Maybe clean out the cobwebs? Relocate some of the other issues,or minor irks and irritations, make peace with the ghosts of Christmas past, maybe not permanently, but just for the season, so that if there is some blessing coming your way, maybe you will have room for it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...